- You should test your smoke alarms once a month; change the batteries every year.
- Cooking fires are the number one cause of home fires. Unattended cooking is the leading contributing factor. Never leave food unattended.
- Almost two thirds of home fire deaths result from fires in homes in which there were no smoke alarms, or the smoke alarms were not working.
- Practice an escape plan with your family. The best way to prevent death and injury from fire is knowing what to do before hand.
- Air bags aren’t good for kids. Children can be seriously injured or even die when an air bag deploys. The safest place for your child is in the back seat.
- Never let children play in the car and keep keys out of children’s reach.